Digger's Notes from the Road

Travel, ideas, adventures, and mishaps, written down just for you.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Hi! Welcome to my blogg. I'm digger, i'm 24 years old. I'm from a small town in Western New York, and i recently graduated from East Tennesee State University with a masters degree in oral storytelling.
I started this blogg two do two things. The first one is to document strange and interesting stuff that happens to me so my friends can read about it. My friends got scattered all over the world, And i thought they might be interested in reading about whats been going on, since im pretty bad at keeping in touch through other means.
The second reason i stareted this blogg is to help me keep me on track. After i finished school, I decided to set the next five years asside to explore and do interesting new stuff while im attachment free.

To this end, i have set 5 big goals:

1. Visit forgin contries on at least 2 continents.
Live in one forgin country for at least a year, and learn a language.

2. Fall in love at least once, maybe more than once.

3. Master at least 3 new skills.
These skills may include:
Attending massage school and learning to give a killer massage.
Going to brazil and becoming skilled in capoiera, the brazilan fight dance game.
Becoming good at juggling knives, or at poi juggling.

Substitute skills might be added. However, by the end of my twenties, i want to be skilled at
least three things. Unlike now, where I am mediocre at about 500,000,000 things and truly
skilled at 0 things.

4. Spend a significant amount of time working on a project that helps make peoples lives
better. I know it is much harder than people often think to be successfull at this, butI would
really like to try doing something that might make life better for someone. This may
involve working with children, the environment, or both.

5. Earn enouugh money to accomplish these goals without going into debt. Save 10.000 by the
time five years is over.


So there is the plan. 5 big goals, all of which are to be finnished before i am 29. Ambitious, yes, but i think it can be done.

If you have any sugjestions about specific projects, or if any of these goals sound interesting to you, drop me a line. A project is always more fun if you have a friend to share it with. I'll keep ya posted.


Digger


P.S. Special props to Emo for giving me the idea for this blogg project =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home