Digger's Notes from the Road

Travel, ideas, adventures, and mishaps, written down just for you.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Good news! I got a job! I have to go to Utah and backpack around in the mountains and deserts and stuff... and i get paid a lot for it! I count this as a two in one. I not only make phat cash to finance some adventuring, but the company that hired me does wilderness therapy. In other words, my job it to make sure people have an awsome adventure of their own and maybe i even help them out a little with a problem or something. Not bad considering i only started this project 9 days ago eh?

When i took enviromental lit. i had to read Edward Abbeys Desert Solitare. It is an amazing book. When i read it I wanted to go see arches and the maze so bad. Now it is three years later and i get the chance to go LIVE THERE!!! Woot!

Of course, there are some draw backs. Like no drinking and the Mormons...

The strange thing is, i am just crashing in WNY right now, at my parents or my friends house or where ever i happen to fall asleep. There really isnt anything for me here... yet i am a little reluctant to leave. It isnt that i like it here, i dont at all. The thing is, for a long time now I havent stayed in one place more than a year or two at most. Going somewhere new by myself where i dont know anyone AGAIN, *sigh*. Of course, i am used to going it alone. Still, it would be nice to have someone to share something like this with.

Oh well. Some day maybe. Anyway I am sure i will make new friends. I have always been blessed with inordinately good friends. The desert and backpacking and helping people have a blast rocks my socks off!!!

Night all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home